Slider Image 1 Content
Åbyhøj / Aarhus, Denmark
+ 45 86256655
+ 45 40895477
Married to Ingrid Vind (nurse and theologian) – we have two adult children, both doctors.
- Graduate diploma (HD) in foreign trade, Handelshøjskolen in Aarhus, now Aarhus University Business School, Aarhus University (no. 107 on the list of the world’s top universities on topuniversities.com) – thesis: ”The influence of culture on the settlement of international trade transactions”;
- Master in Russian and Serbo-Croatian, Slavic Institute, Aarhus University – thesis: “Montenegro and Russia 1711-1878”;
- 4-year electro-technical education, abroad.
II. Work experience:
- Partner in connection with the establishment of a Danish-owned company, selling Chinese-produced safety tools in Europe (duration 5 years);
- Member of a team at a Danish shipyard, conducting negotiations, drawing up contracts with a Soviet shipping company for the supply of 5 ships, including technical documentation in Russian (duration 4 years);
- Partner in connection with the establishment of a Danish-Russian joint venture in Skt. Petersburg for the supply of Danish-produced ship equipment to Russia (duration about10 years);
- Partner in connection with the establishment of a Danish-Yugoslavian joint venture in the sugar and foodstuffs industry (duration about 8 years).
III. Teaching experience:
- Aarhus University and Folkeuniversitet in Aarhus (9 years).
IV. Publications (chief editor and contributor):
- Business Leksikon (2001),
- Dansk Eksportleksikon (1993) and
- ”Danmark”, a newspaper in 5 languages (1987-1993)
V. Language skills:
- Danish, Russian, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Montenegrin (fluency in both written and spoken)
- English and German (good skills)
- Can understand and be understood in all Slavic and Scandinavian languages